Posted: 16.11.21 at 12:40 by The Editor
THE Mid and South Essex Health and Care Partnership is running a campaign to ensure residents in Maldon and other areas across the region are fully aware of changes that have taken place to GP services and highlight other ways patients can be supported.
To support the campaign, Nub News is sharing the following information published by the partnership to help ensure the information is as widespread as possible.
The information is provided by the partnership.
The COVID-19 pandemic has meant that GP practices have had to adapt the way they work and how services are provided. The pandemic is yet not over, and so some of these changes are still in place. This has been done to keep you and everyone else safe.
GP services remain very busy, delivering more appointments than ever before.
The partnership is sorry to hear experiences of people struggling to get through on the telephone to speak with us. We appreciate your patience during this difficult period.
If you’re looking to order repeat prescriptions, you don’t need to call your GP practice to do this. You can now do this online or through the NHS App. Download the NHS App here.
If you have a question about a common ailment, your local pharmacist can give free confidential advice. To find your local pharmacy visit here.
If you’re looking for information about the COVID-19 vaccination and booster programme, visit our vaccination website.
Our teams in GP practices may need to do an initial assessment over the phone first to keep you and everyone else safe. This helps give you the type of appointment you need:
• to be seen in person
• a phone consultation
• a video consultation
• help from your local pharmacy
As part of this assessment, our receptionists might need to ask you some additional questions. This is to help ensure you get the right care, in the right way, by the right professional. All staff operate according to strict guidelines and work under clinical supervision. You can trust them to treat all information confidentially. Find out more about our receptionists and care navigators here or view the linked video presentation.
• Please continue to wear a face covering if attending a face-to-face consultation unless exempt.
• If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or influenza should telephone their GP or primary care provider before attending an appointment.
• Don’t forget to cancel your appointment if you don’t need it so that it’s available for someone else who might
• Please call the practice during the afternoon if your call isn’t about booking an appointment for that day
• Watch this video on how to make the most of your GP appointment
• Read this guide on making the most of your remote (telephone or video) appointment
The content of this presentation was prepared by The Mid and South Essex Health and Care Partnership.
Time to celebrate the history of Essex! Following its blistering success in 2021, we are very happy to confirm that ‘A Time for Essex’ will retur...