Posted: 14.01.22 at 06:30 by Charlotte Lillywhite
KFC is looking to open a drive-thru restaurant in Maldon as part of its plans to expand across the country.
The fast food chain has earmarked hundreds of locations where it hopes to build new restaurants in the coming years, and its plans include a new drive-thru restaurant in Maldon.
KFC does not currently have a restaurant in the district.
The company said its drive-thru restaurants are its most popular asset, and they can be fitted into sites of more than 0.3 acres.
It also said it will consider vacant sites and existing building conversions.
Eight other locations in Essex are listed as target sites for new developments by the fried chicken chain.
Here’s the full list of Essex towns where KFC wants to open a restaurant:
* Basildon Centre: proposed food court
* Billericay: proposed drive-thru
* Chelmsford Town Centre: proposed urban small box
* Maldon: proposed drive-thru
* Southend High Street: proposed high street restaurant
* Stanford-le-Hope (A13): proposed drive-thru
* Stansted Airport: proposed drive-thru
* Tilbury Corringham: relocated drive-thru
* Witham: proposed drive-thru
Any application to open a KFC restaurant in Maldon would be decided by the district council.
Time to celebrate the history of Essex! Following its blistering success in 2021, we are very happy to confirm that ‘A Time for Essex’ will retur...