Posted: 24.11.21 at 15:33 by Charlotte Lillywhite
Several pubs in the Maldon district have been named as some of the best in the country in the latest Good Beer Guide.
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) has published the 49th edition of its best-selling guide to pubs, bars and clubs where you can enjoy a great pint of traditional British beer.
The organisation surveyed 4,500 pubs across the UK for its latest guide, and 10 from the Maldon district came out on top.
They are as follows:
- Blue Boar Hotel, 3-7 Silver Street, Maldon
- Queen Victoria, Spital Road, Maldon
- White Horse, Mundon
- Queen’s Head, 26 Providence, Burnham-on-Crouch
- Station Arms, 29 Station Road, Southminster
- Wibblers Brewery Taproom and Kitchen, Goldsands Road, Southminster
- Purleigh Bell, The Street, Purleigh
- Prince of Wales, 6 Woodham Road, Stow Maries
- Hurdlemarkers Arms, Post Office Road, Woodham Mortimer
- Swan, School Road, Little Totham
CAMRA was founded by four real ale enthusiasts in 1971, and represents pub-goers and beer-drinkers across the UK.
It supports and encourages the beer and pubs trade by running beer festivals, lobbying Government for change, running awards and developing pub finders and guides.
It aims to have quality real ale, cider and perry in thriving pubs in every community.
Time to celebrate the history of Essex! Following its blistering success in 2021, we are very happy to confirm that ‘A Time for Essex’ will retur...