Posted: 07.11.21 at 15:06 by Charlotte Lillywhite
Have you missed out on any of the news in Maldon this week?
Here at Nub News we like to make your life easier so if you’ve missed any of the local news this past seven days, don’t worry.
We have you covered with 10 of the top stories right here.
1. Police were called to a Maldon District Council meeting and members left in protest after a councillor who arrived with a megaphone was accused of "breaching the peace".
Find out more here.
2. A Maldon laundrette is set to open its doors to help the homeless this Christmas.
You can read about the opening here.
3. Students and staff at the Plume Academy have been busy raising awareness of and celebrating neurodiversity.
Find out more here.
4. The Salvation is launching its Christmas appeal this week to help people in Maldon.
You can read the full story, including how to donate to the appeal, here.
5. It was revealed that the mid Essex CCG - which includes Maldon - is among the most stretched health areas in the country.
You can find that story here.
6. A solar farm big enough to pover 8,300 homes is set to come to Danbury. Read about that here.
7. Award-winning estate agent Temme English spoke to Nub News about running a branch in Maldon and the beauty of the district. Get the details here.
8. A Maldon resident who grows giant vegetables raised £1,000 for the air ambulance service with his impressive Halloween display. Find out how here.
9. A proposal to turn a High Street building which formerly housed estate agent Bairstow Eves into flats was rejected by Maldon Town Council - for the fourth time. Find out more here.
10. A former parks officer was awarded £21,000 after a tribunal judge found that he was unfairly dismissed by Maldon District Council. You can read about that here.
If you've enjoyed this round-up, why not sign-up in the coloured box on this page for our weekly newsletter? It goes straight to your email inbox each Friday and it's completely free!
Come and try our award-winning Low Impact Gentle Fitness sessions, taught by chartered physiotherapist and group exercise specialist Joani St Cliere. ...