Maldon District: Burnham Christmas Tree Festival returns to spread festive joy next month
By Ben Shahrabi
16th Nov 2022 | Local News
The popular annual Burnham-on-Crouch Christmas Tree Festival is set to return in December, promising music, mulled wine, and fun for the whole family.
Burnham United Reformed Church, at 53 Station Road, will be holding the Christmas Tree Festival from Friday 2 December until Sunday 4 December.
Organisers are looking for local people, businesses, and groups to enter their tree into the competition.
Entrants are encouraged to be as artistic and inventive as they like.
On Friday evening, there will be music and carols.
On Saturday, the festival will be open at the same time as the Burnham Festive Fair, so families are able to visit both.
The festival has been running since 2013 and will celebrate its 10th anniversary next year.
The schedule for the weekend is as follows:
- Entertainment, refreshments, and mulled wine
Saturday, 2.30pm to 7pm
- Refreshments and mulled wine
Sunday, 2pm to 4pm
- Tea or coffee and refreshments
Those wishing to enter their tree into the festival should get in touch with the organisers via email.
- Maldon Christmas Fayre 2022: FULL DETAILS of Santa's Grotto, festive stalls, live entertainment, and lots more to enjoy
- Salvation Army urges community to donate presents to help Maldon families facing 'surging' costs this Christmas
- Charging vape was source of fire that caused extensive damage to Maldon home