Maldon & Tiptree FC: Jammers strike four

By Guest

7th Sep 2021 | Local Sport

Maldon & Tiptree progressed to the next round of the FA Trophy with a comprehensive win over Grays Athletic.

A penalty from Adam Vyse, combined with goals from Aaron William-Bushell, Andre Hasanally and a second half strike from Hamza Kaid ensured the Jammers progressed to the next round.

Match Report:

Manager, Wayne Brown made several changes from the side who beat Braintree Town on Tuesday night, with Sam Cornish and Aaron William-Bushell returning to the starting eleven.

Having enjoyed a penalty shoot-out win against the same opposition just a few weeks ago, Maldon started on the front foot and dominated possession in the opening stages. In the 18th minute, the Jammers were awarded a penalty after ex-Maldon shot-stopper, Danny Sambridge fouled Adam Vyse in the penalty area. Vyse, picked himself up and dispatched his spot kick in to the corner of the net, leaving Sambridge no chance.

Following the goal, the home side had chances to extend their lead, with Scott Kemp denied by Sambridge and Martyn Stokes & Billy Cracknell both missing their half chances. The next to go close for Maldon was goalscorer Vyse, after smart work from Kemp found Vyse, but his header went over the cross-bar.

With two minutes to go until the interval, the Jammers extended their lead in spectacular fashion. Midfielder, William-Bushell collected the ball thirty yards from goal, before taking a couple of touches and unleasing a powerful effort which flew in to the top corner, leaving Sambridge with no chance. One minute later and Maldon had a third. A ball over the top of the napping Grays defence, Sambridge rushed out of his box, however Andre Hasanally was on hand to get the first touch, around a now stranded Sambridge, before rolling the ball in to the net for this second goal in as many games.

HALF TIME: Maldon & Tiptree 3 - 0 Grays Athletic

After a dominant first half display, the Jammers started the second half how they maintained the first, in control without appearing troubled in defence as Grays struggled to build in momentum in attack. With perhaps one eye on next weeks mouth-watering cup tie, Wayne Brown made changes to his side, which slightly affected the match.

As Grays looked to find a way back in to the game, they made changes themselves without causing the Jammers any trouble. With just eight minutes left on the Referee's watch, Maldon scored their fourth. Smart play from Cracknell down the right, freed Hasanally who's perfect through ball found Hamza Kaid who took a single touch before slotting the ball underneath Sambridge for his first goal of the season.

With five minutes left, Grays afternoon took a turn for the worse as defender Pat Ahern collected his second yellow card and was shown a red, to reduce the visitors to ten men. In stoppage time, Grays scored nothing more than a consolation goal as Mitchell Hahn scored his second goal at Park Drive of the season, as his effort took a wicked deflection to creep past Ben McNamara in the Maldon goal, as the home defence were denied another cleant sheet.

FULL TIME: Maldon & Tiptree 4 - 1 Grays Athletic


New maldon Jobs Section Launched!!
Vacancies updated hourly!!
Click here: maldon jobs


Related Articles

Simon Bouch
Local Sport

Burnham RFC win tight quarter-final in Presidents Shield

(Photo: Maldon & Tiptree FC)
Local Sport

Wroxham Hog all three points against the Jammers


To enter just subscribe to our FREE Stockport NubNews Newsletter.
Every subscriber will be automatically entered into our competition.
Deadline 31 March 2024.

Already subscribed? Thank you. Just press X or click here.
By clicking the Subscribe button you agree to our
Privacy Policy and Competition terms and conditions.